• Day 1 - 9/2/18: El Paso/Las Cruces to Ruidoso ~190mi. Start the day with a training exercise of basic offroad techniques. We will cover things like braking and balance on loose surfaces, obstacle approach etc. Travel through the Guadalupe mountains on winding dirt/gravel roads. See historic Lincoln, Alamogordo and great views of White Sands. We will arrive at camp with our Redverz tents all setup for us and dinner ready to eat.
• Day 2 - 9/3/18: Ruidoso to T or C ~194mi. Pass from high desert to mountains and back again. We will have multiple opportunities for sand and river crossing training today (Possible mud training depending on weather). End the day next to Elephant Butte close to the town of Truth or Consequences.
• Day 3 - 9/4/18: T or C to Reserve ~161mi. Today we will leave the high desert for a bit and enter the mountains of Gila National Forest. Terrain will be mostly a loose gravel/dirt mix and multiple river crossings. Great views and plenty of opportunities to cool off in a mountain lake.
• Day 4 - 9/5/18: Reserve to Fence Lake ~132mi. Today will have a bit of everything.....River crossings, rocks, gravel and everyones favorite...Sand. This leg exposes the true desolation and vastness of the New Mexico wilderness.......And views of ancient cliff dwellings.
• Day 5 - 9/6/18: Fence Lake to Grants ~85mi. Back to the high desert and the possibility of stretches of deep sand. Spectacular views of the Oso ridge, sweeping mesas and canyon lands. We will also pass the Wildspirit Wolf Sanctuary, were you can pet the wolves..........not really.
• Day 6 - 9/7/18: Grants to Cuba ~119mi. Time to put those sand riding skills to the test.........All day! We will give our white knuckles a rest throughout the day to take in dramatic views along the way.
• Day 7 - 9/8/18: Cuba, NM to Antonio, CO. ~196mi. A steady mix of pavement, dirt and loose gravel to our final destination. Again we see the diversity of the New Mexico landscape and enter the Carson National Forest.
• Day 8 - 9/9/18: Travel home day!....Wherever that may be. Please feel free to contact us regarding travel recommendations for airports. Alamosa, CO (Very close to our finish line in Antonio) has a small airport with multiple flights per day to Denver and Albuquerque.
Book Now to reserve your spot: